7 sleeps until Halloween! Here are my favourite 5 cheap, easy and healthy ways to enjoy Halloween:
1. Ghost Footprints – walk in some baby powder or white paint onto some black paper or cardboard. Paint ‘Boo’ with a paintbrush and use the other end of the paintbrush to create spooky faces. Decorate your Spooky Space with lots of these Ghosts!
Pic Credit – Kardashian Kids Instagram
2. Healthy Skeleton Snack – Fill your kids with veggies this Halloween by creating a Skeleton out of vegetables. You can be creative and use what you have in your fridge or what suits you however, we have used celery, cucumber, carrots, red capsicum, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflour, snow peas, olives, apple and lettuce! Yummy
3. Spooky Balloons – blow up some orange and white balloons, draw spooky faces on them with black texta. Hang these from the ceiling, decorate the party table or tie them to your letter box. Balloons are always fun, especially when they are spooky!
4. Halloween is all about dressing up – You can wear your favourite dress up on Halloween! It doesn’t have to be Spooky!! Here is a favourite of mine. Find an old sheet, fold it in half and place over your child. Softly mark with a texta where the eyes and mouth are, take if off your child and cut out circles where marked to fit over the face. Instant Ghost 🙂
5. What to do with all those Lollies – You don’t have to eat it and here is a fun way of getting your child to give the lollies up for something else 🙂 ‘The Switch Witch’ is a book where a witch comes on Halloween night and switches your kid’s lollies for a toy or other special surprise! This book is so much fun! Will the Switch Witch come to your house this Halloween? Target currently have a 10% discount on ‘The Switch Witch’ Click on the link if interested! http://www.target.com/p/the-switch-witch-and-the-magic-of-switchcraft-book-and-doll/-/A-21415220#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=the+switch+witch
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, Sal @Mini.Prep